Create New Folder Rename Folder
Create New Folder Rename Folder Computer Learning Program Free Tutorials. How to create a New Folder in My Computer? How to Rename a File or Folder?
How to create a folder in My Computer?
- On the desktop (main screen), right click the My Computer icon.
- Select Explore from the list that appears.
The screen will change, exposing a window with two panes. On the left is a list of all your drives and on the right is a list of the drives sorted in categories.
- To keep things simple we are going to create a folder in My Documents. Click My Documents.
The screen changes. The left side of the window lists all the folders already in the My Documents folder. On the right is a list of the existing folders in My Documents.
- Right click in any empty space in the right pane.
- Select New from the list and it will expand. Select Folder from the new list.
A new folder is created at the bottom of the list of files and folders with the name New Folder. It will be highlighted if you haven’t moved the mouse.
- Type in a name for the folder. e.g. Letters
- Hit Enter key and the folder will have the new name you typed.
That’s it. You are done.
How to rename a File or Folder?
- Click on the file or folder which you want to rename.
- Now right click on the same file or folder.
- Select “Rename” option from drop down list.
- Now type a new name of your file or folder and hit enter from keyboard.